Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Being the Christian woman that God wants me to be

I have been reading a book that a really good friend let me borrow called "Becoming More" by Lisa Terkeurst. In this book there are many scenarios of a woman's day to day struggles and what the bible says on dealing with these struggles. This book has been such an eye opener to me. It has broadened my awareness on how God wants me to act as a Christian woman. I am a daughter of a King and I must act accordingly. I am expected to be on my best behavior at all times because I am an example to people, whether it be from near or far, I am watched. I should never act in a way that will make people believe that being a Christian is hard and unclean. The bible says in 1 Peter 14-16

"As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy."

These verses tells us that since we have laid down the old self we must now turn away from all that is evil or anything that will cause us to sin. He, referring to Jesus, is Holy and he wants us to act like him. Now we cannot be free from sin because we all stumble and fall but we must strive to live a Godly life.

Becoming what God wants me to be means that I must watch what I say even through the heat of the moment.
Good, Christian, women do not talk like everyone else. Instead of showing the anger that comes from evil, we should show love through all circumstances. God did not make us to be angry... He made us to love. We must love and show love to everyone. We must bridal our tongues to keep us from becoming tangled in a downward spiral of wrong doings or sayings.

Matthew 12:33

Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

Hebrews 13:15-16 “Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name. But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.” (NKJV)


God wants to show his love through us.

So I have been trying this lately. It's so easy to jump in those seemingly innocent conversations that ultimately end up with words that should never be said. It has been working well with so far. I was marveled at what just sitting back and keeping quiet really did for me. Receiving blessings by being the outsider:)

Bridal the tongue... Shut the lips... Spread the love <3

True blessings are to come from this!!!!
1 John 2:1-29 ESV /

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: ...

GOD IS SO GOOD

No comments:

Post a Comment