Thursday, September 27, 2012

finding the blessings in trials of this life

My favorite bible verse is John 16:33

  "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer; I have overcome the wold."

This verse is read daily by me. It has so much meaning. No matter how big my problems are. No matter how horrible my day has been. I can take rest in knowing that My God is bigger and hes stronger than me and my problems. He is my comfort, my strength. He is my Hope. He is my fortress. He is my guide. He is my protector. He is my conscience. He is my father. He is my God.

I struggle daily with people who constantly try to drag me down. I struggle to keep my cool. I struggle to keep silent. Sometimes things are better left unsaid. Even in the midst of rage or hurt the thoughts that you are thinking should be taken to God in prayer before ever releasing them out of your mouth. Yes, this too I struggle with. We tend to say things we do not mean when we are angry.  But take a moment to yourself and ask yourself "Is this the way that God would want me to act in this situation".

Here are some bible verses that help me and I hope will help you when dealing with anger:

James 4:11 " Do not speak against one another, brethern. He who speaks against a brother, or judge his brother, speaks against the law, and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law, but a judge of it"

Phillippians 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatever is ture, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things."

Ephesians 4:29 "Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, that it may give grace to those who hear."

Proverbs 15:1 "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

James 3:5-7 "So also the tongue is a small part of the body, and yet it boasts of great things. Behold, how great a forest is set aflame by such a small fire! And the tongue is a fire, the very wold of iniquity; the tongue is set among our members as that which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the course of our life, and is set on fire by hell. For every species of beasts and birds of reptiles and craetures of the sea, is tamed, and has been tamed by the human race."

Psalms 19:14 "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight."

We as christians must be careful of what we say and how we deal with situations. The devil is always looking for ways to make us fail. He is always looking for that gateway that will seperate us from good. We must stand together and love one another. We must treat each other the way we would want to be treated.

Be careful what you say by mouth or by message because you never know who may be listening or reading. Words are powerful. Especially, us christians. We are supposed to be the light. We are watched by many and you never know who may be listening and looking to us for inspiration. Retaliation and/or verbal disputes do not show people the Good way of a christian life.

We must show the love that Jesus showed us to everyone.

In saying all this, I would like to say now that I practice what I preach my life has been so much better. I am happy. I am at peace. I am loved and I love in return. Life is Good!


No comments:

Post a Comment